When GraysHarborTalk.com first launched two years ago, our publishing team knew that sports stories would be an important component of our content equation.
And, we also knew that we would be writing our sports stories quite a bit different from the path taken by traditional media. Instead of game recaps, our sports writers dig deeper, uncovering the stories behind the team.
Grays Harbor readers, however, have blown away our projections. Positive stories about high school athletes that excel on and off the field have continued to be a very popular section of GraysHarborTalk.com.
Easily shared on social media, printed for scrapbooks or emailed to family outside the area, these stories showcase the wonderful student athletes in our community.
Here are the top 10 sports stories published in 2015 on GraysHarborTalk.com.
10. #PlayForMike – Montesano Soccer Community Rallies Around Coach Mike Malpass
9. State Championship Puts Montesano Grizzlies In A Special Baseball Family
8. Austin Cain – Second Generation Montesano Bulldog Shoots for a Takedown
7. Montesano Advances to State Football Semifinals
6. Arlene Hoiland Inspires Grays Harbor Residents to Dance
5. Montesano Softball Team Loaded with Talent On and Off the Field
4. Ocosta Boys Basketball Returns to Regional Tournament for the First Time in 44 Years
3. Tahj Malone – Three-Sport Athlete Helps Hoquiam Football to Perfection
2. Wayne Ross, Bob Paylor & Larry Lytle – 46 Years and Counting for Hoquiam Slow Pitch Trio
1. North Beach’s Coach Larry Moore Still Passionate about Basketball 30 Years Later
If you know a local high school athlete or sports star that deserves recognition, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.