Submitted by the Grays Harbor Community Foundation
The Grays Harbor Community Foundation is pleased to invest $14,000 into our community through our Small Grants Program. The Foundation created this program in addition to our twice annual Community Building Grants Program in order to address immediate, smaller scale needs in our community that range between $500 – $5,000. Since created in July of this year, the Small Grants Program has awarded over $40,000 to Grays Harbor organizations.
The organizations that were funded through our Small Grants Program this quarter include:
- 98520 Music and Arts District Initiative – Youth Orchestra Unbound & Homeschool Music Programs
- Boy Scouts of America, Pacific Harbors Council – Scouting Support and Uniform Bank in Grays Harbor
- Grays Harbor County Fairgrounds – Equestrian Area Restroom Renovation
- Ocosta School District, Theater Arts Class – Theater Lighting Equipment
- Westport South Beach Historical Society – McCausland Hall Galley Capacity
Program Officer, Jessica Hoover commented:
“This is a new program, only in its second cycle, and so far we have had an overwhelmingly positive response. What is really exciting about the Small Grants Program is seeing what a big difference a small amount of funding can do for organizations in a short amount of time. The immediacy of impact for these grants is top priority in the committee’s decision making process. Through the Small Grants Program, we are now able to address both large and small scale needs for organizations multiple times throughout the year, which is important to us as stewards of our donor’s gifts as well as grant makers.”
Our Small Grants Program is offered quarterly. Visit our website for more information on the eligibility criteria for our Small Grants Program at the Grays Harbor Community Foundation website. The next Small Grants Program deadline is January 2 at 5:00 p.m. Our next Community Building Grants deadline is February 1 at 5:00 p.m.