Join the fastest growing digital media company in Western Washington as a paid freelance writer for GraysHarborTalk. Combine your passion for writing with interviewing skills to create content that shares positive stories about what it’s like to live, work, and play in Aberdeen, Hoquiam, Montesano, and throughout Grays Harbor County.
GraysHarborTalk publishes positive stories about people, businesses and organizations doing good things in communities across Grays Harbor County. Our stories are published online and distributed via social media. Our community social network reaches people that want to know about great things happening around us.
We are currently looking for freelance writers to create business features.
Business Content Creators
ThurstonTalk publishes positive stories about people, businesses and organizations doing good things in communities around Grays Harbor County.
- Proven experience creating error-free articles on deadline
- Ability to professionally interview and interface with local business owners
- Interest in writing featured business articles on specific, set topics
- Flexibility to conduct interviews during regular business hours, often in-person
- Capacity to create 8 – 10 business articles per month
- Skills to take quality photographs during interviews to submit with stories
- Fluent usage of technology – email, word processing, photo editing, internet
- Sincere passion for sharing the positive stories happening in our community
- Submit a resume in Word format to email@example.com.
- Include in subject line the words “business content creator”
- Include a writing sample of 200 words (or less) about a local business (no interview required!).
- Please address any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do not include additional work samples or references unless requested.