Join the fastest growing digital media company in Western Washington as a paid freelance writer for GraysHarborTalk. Combine your passion for writing with interviewing skills to create content that shares positive stories about what it’s like to live, work, and play in Aberdeen, Hoquiam, Montesano, and throughout Grays Harbor County.
GraysHarborTalk publishes positive stories about people, businesses and organizations doing good things in communities across Grays Harbor County. Our stories are published online and distributed via social media. Our community social network reaches people that want to know about great things happening around us.
We are currently looking for freelance writers to create stories about local businesses and other areas of interest within the county.
- You must live in the local area!
- Interest in sharing positive stories about Grays Harbor County
- Ability to professionally interview and interface with local business owners and other community members
- Flexibility to conduct interviews during regular business hours, often in-person
- Skills to take quality photographs during interviews to submit with stories
- Fluent usage of technology – email, word processing, photo editing, internet
- Initiative to pitch story ideas on a monthly basis
- Sincere passion for sharing the positive stories happening in our community
- SEO knowledge or the willingness/ability to learn quickly
- AP style knowledge or the willingness/ability to learn quickly
Proven experience creating error-free articles on deadline a huge plus!
- Submit a resume in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include in subject line the words “freelance writer”
- Include a writing sample of 200 words (or less) about a local business (no interview needed)
- Please address any questions to email@example.com.
- Do not include additional work samples or references unless requested.