Submitted by Grays Harbor Community Foundation
The Grays Harbor Community Foundation is pleased to invest over $206,000 into our local schools through our Annual Education Grants and After School Grant Programs. The Annual Education Grants program was designed specifically for districts to prioritize tops needs that will provide the most district-wide impact. This program was created last year by the Foundation in order to help streamline funding requests for districts.
The districts that were funded through our Annual Education Grants program include:
- Aberdeen School District- Multi-Tiered System of Support for Social-Emotional Learning, Behavior and Academics
- Elma School District- After School Program
- Grays Harbor College- Wide Belt Sander
- Harbor High School- COPE Connections
- Lake Quinault School District– Fine Arts Program
- McCleary School District– Summer School Program
- Montesano School District- Chromebooks to Engage Students Through Technology
- North Beach School District- STEAM Summer Youth Program
- St. Mary School- Kitchen Upgrades
- Twin Harbor Skill Center – Medical Assistant Program
In addition to our Annual Education Grant opportunities, the Foundation also provided over $70,000 to several after school programs through our After-School Program Fund. The After-School Program Fund was formed 11 years ago to provide an extra boost to existing programs throughout Grays Harbor.
The schools that were funded through our After School Program Fund include:
- Aberdeen High School
- Central Park Elementary School
- Harbor After School
- Montesano Community Outreach
- Oakville School District
Program Officer, Jessica Hoover commented: “This grant cycle was a lot of fun for us because we were able to let the districts prioritize projects based on their highest needs. The goal was for every district who applied to receive funding based on their organizational budgets. There were so many great projects that were proposed and we were happy to see most of the districts throughout Grays Harbor take advantage of this funding opportunity.”
You may find out more about our grants program by checking the Foundation website at www.gh-cf.org or contacting our office at 532-1600 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our next Community Building Grants deadline is September 5 at 5:00 p.m.